Friday, August 24, 2012

Cast Your Burden upon the Lord

Psalm 55:22 Cast thy burden upon the Lord, and he shall sustain thee: he shall never suffer the righteous to be moved.


My travels this week through the book of Psalms has taken me now to Psalm 55 and to a great verse of comfort that is found in verse 22. What a wonderful verse this is! The instruction here is to give your burden over to God and he will lift you up and preserve you and never allow you to fall from the weight of what you are going through. Similar instruction is also found in 1 Peter 5:7.

Do you feel burdened this hour by the cares, afflictions, fears, and trials that have been heaped upon your shoulders? Has the weight of carrying around this dreary load caused you to tire and become exhausted? If so, I urge you to give it all over to the Lord. Our great God will not only carry your burdens for you, but he will also carry you in his arms as well.

In Matthew 11:28-30 we find Jesus Christ, our Lord and Savior, offering this:
"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden (burdened), and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me: for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light."
Dear friend be anxious and worried over nothing...if God's providence has placed a burden upon your shoulders this week then follow what the psalmist has to say here in Psalm 55:22.

Stop carrying life's burdensome load all by yourself and turn to Jesus Christ for rest.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment