Saturday, September 15, 2012

Bible Review - LCBP Mid Size Note Takers - 400 Series (KJV)


Up for review today is the executive mid size note takers Bible (400 Series) published by Local Church Bible Publishers (LCBP).  If you have not heard of LCBP, they are a ministry of Parker Memorial Baptist Church in Lansing, MI and they produce high quality KJV Bibles and sell them at the cost of production. I received this Bible back in March 2012 as a birthday gift from my wife and daughter. This Bible is the executive version and features red one-piece calfskin leather with red thread and sells for $57.00.

Here are some other specifications of this Bible:


  • Quality Sewn Binding
  • Two Ribbon Markers (Red)
  • Black Letter Edition
  • Standard Text with No References
  • Page Size - 9.9" x 6.75" x 1.75"
  • Contains "The Translators to the Reader"
  • Contains a Concordance
  • Model #: 400E1R




 The leather on this Bible is nothing short of amazing! It is extremely soft, smooth, and very supple. This Bible will lay open flat whether you are reading Genesis, Revelation, or somewhere in the middle. The outer edge of the Bible is stitched with red thread and the inside is black leather lined. This is the first red Bible I have ever owned and at first I was a bit skeptical about whether I would like the color or not, but upon first glance I fell in love with it. The red leather is a rich bright red, more like fire engine red than a cherry or burgundy red.


The binding is real tight on this Bible and it feels extremely well made. The paper quality is also of extremely high quality, which is paramount after all since this Bible was designed for those who do a whole lot of writing in their Bibles. I have taken notes in this Bible using my pigma micron pens and none of the colors I have used (purple, blue, green, red, brown) have bled through the paper at all. For those who like taking notes in their Bibles it gets no better than this! There is a ton of real estate in the margins for note taking!


I have owned this Bible now for a little over six months and I have nothing bad to say about it. Of all the wide margin Bibles that are on the market this one by LCBP has to rank among the very best. It costs a third of the price of other top of the line Bibles out there (think Cambridge and R.L. Allan) and I believe the quality is just as good. One thing that does need to be considered; however, is that this Bible is pretty heavy. LCBP considers this one of their "mid size" Bibles, but in my opinion it is a little too big and bulky to lug around to church on Sundays, but it is perfect for reading and taking notes at home in my office. This is a wonderful Bible and I encourage you to head over to LCBP's website and purchase one. If red is not your thing there are other colors and styles to choose from.


No comments:

Post a Comment