Sunday, November 4, 2012

Book Review: "What is a Reformed Church?" by Malcolm Watts



On Friday evening I finished up Malcolm Watts' book "What is a Reformed Church?" This book was published in 2011 by Reformation Heritage Books and is about 155 pages in length. The topics discussed in this book include the distinctives of a reformed church, the emphasis of reformed doctrine, a right view of worship, the government of the church, reformed church discipline, reformed evangelism, and maintaining the reformed faith.

This is an excellent little primer on what a reformed church is. Over the past year or two I have found myself move in a more reformed direction and I found this book to be very helpful in explaining the typical what and why questions that are asked about reformed churches. For me the most helpful topic in this book was "a right view of worship." This is a subject that I have been grappling with a lot this past year. Mr. Watts did a great job expounding upon this topic and presented a scripture saturated case for what a right view of worship is.

I can't recommend this book highly enough. This book definitely is among one of the best I have read this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment