Up for review is a neat little book by Daniel Hyde titled "Welcome to a Reformed Church." This book was published by Reformation Trust Publishing (part of Ligonier Ministries) and was written to help address the questions of what a reformed church believes and why reformed churches worship the way they do. I picked this book up last month and finished reading it last week.
The contents of the book are broken down into the following sections:
- ROOTS: Our History
- CONFESSIONS: Doctrinal Foundations
- SCRIPTURE: The Final Authority
- COVENANT: God's Story
- JUSTIFICATION: Grace Alone, Faith Alone, Christ Alone
- SANCTIFICATION: The Christian Life
- CHURCH: Distinguishing Marks
- WORSHIP: Of God, by God, for God
- PREACHING & SACRAMENTS: Means of Grace
Overall I found this book to be very thorough and well written. I heartily recommend this book to those who are new to reformed churches or just plain curious to learn more about them. For those who are already intimately acquainted with a reformed church this book will serve as a nice tool when explaining to others what you believe and why. Good book right here!